Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chick-fil-A: Home of the original misinformation sandwich.

I know Chick-Fil-A is really good food, not really good for you, but awesome.  Often, when I'm hungover, there is nothing that will stand between me and some waffle fries, a shake, and a chicken sandwich.  However, with the CEO coming out and saying he supports gay marriage bans, I was reluctant to return.   I mean I know it's Jesus' chicken, which is probably why it is so good, but why do people care about gay marriage so much.  I don't understand their hang up.  You could think it's morally wrong, and that's fine, but how does two men getting married or two women getting married affect you?

And don't give me that 'sanctity of marriage' bullshit.  Marriage in the present day is pretty much a facade anyways.  Yes, I know that there are some people out there who love each other, and get married and live happily ever after, wonderful.  But I know there are also people out there, like one of my friends from high school, that got married to a woman before he went in to military service because they payed married soldiers more than single ones.  This goes along with all the tax breaks and other governmental benefits that married people enjoy.  Does your God actually care that you have a marriage license approved by some governing body?  Does your God care about honoring the person you decide to be with for the rest of your life?

And I know there are probably huge holes in my rantings, but honestly, fuck off (haha). If you can give me one good reason about why gay marriage is wrong (other than citing some out of date bible verse) then I will concede to your point.  Otherwise, let them do what they want, let them adopt one of million children without parents, let them spend money on a big wedding in SanFran, let them buy a house, just let them be free to do what they want.

This is so taboo in the public eye that Chick-Fil-A, recently being established as an openly anti-gay corporation, is lying to it's customers.  The Jim Henson (creator of Muppets) Company pulled the rights for Chick-Fil-A to give Muppets toys out with it's kids meals in an act of supporting gay marriage, or maybe not supporting hate.  Chick-Fil-A restaurants now have signs posted at their restaurants saying the toys were  "recalled for safety issues".

Yeah, that's right, fill them with misinformation, keep them in the dark, people are ignorant if you stuff their faces with shitty food, put them in front of a TV with shitty news/shows....Don't leave that couch, the outside world is a scary place....Don't have an opinion, yours may conflict with another, just believe what we tell you.

Check out the story here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/chick-fil-a-jim-henson-toy-recall-gay_n_1699597.html

No comments:

Post a Comment