Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Friends, Old Friends, and Giant Rocks

It seems like every time I enter into western territories, the first thought that enters my brain is, "Dude, why aren't you living out here?"

I flew in on a late flight, 2 hour layover at Midway, couplabeers.
And I was hiiiiiiggggggh as a kite.

The SAGEEP 2012 conference is off to a great start.  Monday was filled with talks and meeting up with some old friends on the professional beat.  Making my rounds a schmoozing, keeping my foot crammed into the door jam so they can't close it all the way.  Monday night was the student event, the Barrio Brewery downtown Tucson.  Micro brews forever, delicious Mexican food, oh and this guy....


If you don't know who Phil Stokes is, you haven't lived.  Phil is a great person and a great friend always trying to bring out the best in people.  Excellent job on the student event Phil!  He even arranged for live entertainment by the Dusty Buskers, a two-piece accompanied by a seasoned gentleman playing the banjo.  An excellent show to say the least, I bought the disk and hope to share it with all my pals back on the east coast.

That's all for now, I'm going to hit the sheets.  More stories to come about us getting busted in the hotel parking lot tapping a keg, some good Chicago style pizza, and the overview of my presentation.  Thanks for checking out my business.

Muchlove,

Adam

1 comment:

  1. Nice!! Hey, not to spam your comments section, but do you check/use your clemson.edu account? I emailed you a little while ago but I also know you're busy w/ conference! Just making sure it went thru okay. :)

    ReplyDelete