Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cabin Fever!!!! and solutions.

Greetings to my seven followers.  This week has been great so far, minus the shitty weather we've been having here in Clemson.  Today wasn't so bad, at least the sun was out, but the wind was whipping up something terrible and made it cold.  Had a nice walk out on the levee with Catherine and her roommates' dog Remy, of course Prevail was there also.  He was actually the reason I was there, had a bit of the cabin fever due to the nasty weather the past few days.  The guys had fun exploring around and taking a dip in the lake while me and Catherine got to chat about school and whatnot.

 A few nights I made some chicken curry which turned out great.  The leftovers were not as good as when it was fresh.  Aside from the curry sauce ingredients there was chicken, onions, garlic, broccoli  (def. not a conventional ingredient in Indian curry dishes), zucchini (not sure on this one), and some red pepper for spice.  Very delicious, and very spicy.  Oh and the best part was the jasmine rice, it smells really good all by itself.


Last night I made spaghetti and meatballs (from scratch, just the balls, not the spag.).  However, I did not feel this dish was worthy of my blog post, also I forgot to take a picture of it.  However, tonight I made pork chops, steamed broccoli and a baked potato.  The chops were awesome for two reasons, I seasoned them perfectly and got them wicked cheap cuz the sell by date was today.  The potato has smoked gouda, dill, and yogurt.  I just need someone to enjoy these fine dishes with me....

To change gears abruptly, I'm fairly certain I will be staying at Clemson for my PhD.  This means another 3-4 years, and a lot more work.  But you know what, I'm ready for it.  In my past I've always been nervous about work loads and figuring things out, but experience is something you get just after you need it.  Here's to Dr. Adam Mangel.

No comments:

Post a Comment