Saturday, December 11, 2010

Drunken Ramblings: Part 2

I know you've been waiting for the next part of this....my seven followers.  Tonight was a fun night.  Got to hang out with a friend of mine who's company I really enjoy, however, this friend doesn't seem to feel the same about me, which is unfortunate.  I don't really blame her, people are different, and that is fine.  But she is not the subject of this ramble, this ramble is about young people.

Is it wrong for me to not enjoy loud music and a bunch of people around me screaming at the top of their lungs to hear a mumble of what the person next to them is saying? only to nod in agreement or shoot a smile in order to preserve their superficial short lived friendship...  Am I in the minority here?  I often wonder if there is something odd about myself that I don't enjoy this atmosphere....it's hard for me to put my finger on it because there is another variable in the equation, I was playing the DD tonight.  Had I consumed enough alcohol to be on par with the rest of the night people, would I be yelling in some girls ear trying to get her to smile?? or 'dancing' (if you can call it that) grinding and bouncing around like sex with my clothes on??  I personally don't think I would be on that boat, but who really knows...maybe I wouldn't be staring at the tv screen, pretending to watch hockey.

Perhaps this is me growing up, but the other thing is, maybe I'm just not into shallow people.  Maybe I don't want to meet some random girl at a bar and bring her back to my apartment, not maybe, but actually.  It's not that I'm intimidated by women, I love their company.  But not in the atmosphere of a smokey room where assholes are walking around with bottles of champagne trying to bring some class to the cesspool.  I'd much rather have an intelligent conversation with a girl where I don't have to compete with loud music or some dude with a hard on trying to bird dog every girl in sight.  A friend of mine has recently called me a creeper, and it really hurts when she says that....she just doesn't know me.

At any rate, I guess I don't fit the mold.  Maybe I'll just avoid these situations all together.  But back to the girl, I was doing a favor and I really hope she appreciates it ( I think she does).   I also wish she would give me a chance, but thats another blog post...maybe.  Good night interwebs, I got a hot and ready little caesars calling me from across the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment