Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chopping away at this thing called school

Well, it's a week from the day I'll be presenting at the SEG conference in Denver and I just made some revisions to my presentation for my adviser to look over.  I'll be glad when this is over and I can mosey around the meeting and pick up a bunch of free stuff and drink some good western beer.  Can't stop there though, final draft of a journal paper to the International Journal of Geophysics is due November 1.  Oh man....why do I agree to these things.  On a lighter note, once that is over, I may be tripping down to ATL to catch a show, immediately followed by tripping to Asheville to catch a show by the same group, yeah....I dig them.  Speaking of digging, I'm hoping this girl digs me.....cuz I dig her.  We'll see how it goes.  After the relax hits me after those shows, it's back to work on the research and hopefully start writing my thesis.

Changing gears momentarily, why do people have to be so ignorant about things?  Carl Paladino, a republican guebernatorial candidate for NY made some horrible remarks about homosexuals.  What's the big deal?  Who cares if some dude likes another dude in that way, or if some girl likes another girl in that way.  Let them be.  It's just that simple.  Yeah, they can't have kids naturally, but I think I stand with many when I say the world could use a few less humans.  But that's an entirely different blog, maybe someday I'll rant about overpopulation.  All I have to say is "Idiocracy"...watch it.

Well, I'm off to a shower, then meeting with the adviser about the presentation.

PS. Started watching Dexter, good show, bad for productivity.

1 comment:

  1. WHEN are you going to ATL, b/c i was thinking of doing the same thing soon! Let's coordinate!

    ReplyDelete