Wednesday, October 20, 2010

SEG Day One

We got in to Denver late on Monday due to flight delays in Atlanta. The hotel had a problem with our room so I coerced the beuatiful concierge to send us up some beers on the house. After some revisions to my presentation, I tried to sleep but I was so nervous about getting to the conference that I was awake every hour or so checking the clock. Needless to say, my presentation went very well and got a barrage of questions at the end. Some of them coming from very respectable names in the community. After some congratulations from friends, I sat down and listened to the remainder of the talks in my session. To my surprise, I am better at public speaking than most professionals. Roaming around the exhibitors floor was great, lots of booth babes and free swag. After the conference was a near surface geophysics reception where we ate food and drank lots of beer then Sudershan and I escaped to play pool and get away from the science conversations. We ran into a crowd of people from the conference, our advisor being one of them, and followed them to a pub where I played a practical joke on my advisor. It could have went better as the amount of laughs was scarce. At this pub Sudershan and I talked with some girls and had some laughs, a great night all in all. Now its morning and Denver is smiling at me, and I'm smiling back, when I leave it will be too soon.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment