Thursday, October 14, 2010

Get back to it

Good morning blog.  Last night, I dreamed that I had moved back to Buffalo from Clemson, and started working at the Lexington Co Op again.  So I guess you could say I kinda miss that place.  The only reason I left that place was because my new manager Matt was a total jerk.  He was only concerned about numbers and couldn't find the time to talk to you as a person, it was just "hey, here's some work for you, do it".  But this was never a problem for me, I always worked hard and got my stuff done and had time to chat with people and be their friend.

Anyways, regarding the title of this post, back in June/August I was exercising regularly and watching what I eat and it worked out great, I lost around 15lbs.  However, I fell off the wagon and stopped both of those things.  I keep telling myself to get back on it, even if I only run a couple days out of the week, it's better than not at all.  I've just been so damn busy lately with this presentation for SEG and this paper for IJG, I don't have any motivation.  I guess if I end up at 250lbs by the end of grad school I'll have some motivation.

Also, I just found out that I will not be attending AGU this fall in San Francisco.  It's my fault though, I was so busy that I forgot to submit a proposal to get money to go out there.  Well, this gives me time to get ahead on my research I guess.  I keep thinking about graduating and defending, whether it be in August or December of 2011.  I haven't told my advisor yet, but I just don't see myself staying for my PhD at this moment.  I really want to get out of school for a while and make some money.  I mean if I could live for this long on less than $15,000 a year, imagine what I could do with $40-60,000.

Fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream. -311

No comments:

Post a Comment