Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day.

Well it was a great day full of food and wine and of course, football.  I spent the day over at my buddy Dave's place in Pendleton with Chris and Rich.  The dog was along for the ride also since Dave has a little bulldog named Tonka.

My first turkey turned out great.  I rubbed it with some cajun spices and roasted it for just over three hours.  The instructions claimed two bags of giblets but I only found one.  Turns out they stuff one in the body cavity and one in the front of the turkey.  They would have both fit in the body cavity, what's the reason for separating them?? Probably just to make the rookies look bad..  Either way it was delicious and we pretty much killed all of it except for half of one of the breasts and some dark meat which will provide me with turkey sandwiches for the next day....leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving.  Also tried my hand at some sweet potato crunch which turned out well.  Basic southern dish, sweet potatoes of course, then lots of sugar.  Now I feel sufficiently warmed up for my stuffing creation for the department holiday party on the third.  Now I just need to perfect the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment