Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's on the table.

Some people are able to focus so much into one thing.  However, there are some things in my life that are just inescapable.  It seems as though these things cloud my mind so much, that I can't think about things that really matter.  Perhaps the thing that bothers me most about this is the question "Why do I dwell?"

Someone once told me I am very passionate, and it seems like a weakness at times.  I think I just need a dose of home, a cold one with my old friends, a break from grad school before the final push to my degree...and then a sweet job and a big house in the country so I can resume farming like mom and dad did for years.

"A dreams a dream
And all this livings so much harder than it seems
But girl don't let your dreams be dreams 
You know this livings not so hard as it seems
Don't let your dreams dreams
Your dreams your dreams be dreams"


-Jack Johnson

2 comments:

  1. Do you want to start a vodka or whiskey distillery w/ me on that farm? I'm for serious. I want goats, too. I want to live near the wine trail in WNY and kick around w/ the winos. Get a VW bus. Sell organic whiskey or vodka in specialty shops and farmers market throughout the region (and possibly even NYC, D.C., Boston, etc.!). I'd also like to run a B&B/artist retreat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure thing sis, but I may be in school for another 4 years getting my PhD, but I'm so back and forth about this it's crazy. I could no doubt find a good job and make some money with a masters, but I'd be missing out on alot.

    ReplyDelete